Bliss at the Infinity Pool
With the option of going out of town for our ‘special celebration’ we instead made a decision to venture closer to our Atlantic Seaboard home into the award-winning Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa.
But somehow it still felt removed enough from the city, nestled between the majestic Twelve Apostles mountain range in the Table Mountain National Park and the Atlantic Ocean.
With Friendly Starling
Relaxing at the Deck
Nature and Fynbos
We were greeted upon arrival with a warm welcome, efficient service and thorough explanation and tour of the hotel and facilities, even being asked which pillows we prefer on our bed. “Down pillows, please… ” was my response, of course!!
After settling into our very comfortable luxury suite, we changed into our bathing suits and headed down to the heated Infinity Pool overlooking the gorgeous blue ocean, to catch some rays and savour the amazing views. Lazing in the sun, we lunched on a lovely light trout salmon and herb garden salad and gourmet chicken burger, from the Café Grill, whilst sipping on cocktails and wine.
Later on, we went back to the suite and were very pleasantly surprised with a delectable chocolate gateaux Anniversary/Birthday Cake – that certainly put a very sweet finishing touch to our afternoon.
Blue and White Decor
Stylish and Modern
Light and Healthy!
Dinner at The Leopard Bar was fantastic with spectacular sunsets and excellent service, food and African ambience.
The weekend was certainly turning out wonderfully when we woke up to an impeccable sunny skied Sunday! Fresh and ready to enjoy the most delicious breakfast buffet layed out to perfection in the fine dining Azure Restaurant.
We had to make a stop at the spa where we indulged in a morning of pure pampering. Along with the well equipped dual treatment rooms, uniquely named, you could also enjoy the hydrotherapy pools, flotation tank and health bar to fulfill your rejuvenation needs!
Over the Ocean
Books and Relaxation
After checking out at 11am, we wanted a few more quality hours at the pool deck. Sun, swimming and another lovely light lunch followed, and then it was time to return home.
We were not saddened upon leaving however, as we both agreed, it wouldn’t be very long before we came back to visit. What an unforgettable 1st Anniversary we had. Who knows, this could just become an anniversary trend?
Champagne and Oysters
Good to know:
- The 16-seater private cinema is ideal for a movie night or can be privately booked out for a group.
- Other facilities include their helistop, for those wishing to indulge in sightseeing tours over the ocean and mountains, or simply prefer the convenience of helicopter transfers.
- Their is also a complimentary shuttle service which runs between the hotel and the V&A Waterfront daily between 08h00 and 21h30, should guests prefer not to drive.
- You can relax in the heated infinity pool overlooking the Atlantic Ocean or gaze at the mountain from the rock pool and heated Jacuzzi behind the hotel.
- There is a business centre, conservatory and fitness centre for the hotel guests to utilise.
- For those who like to take their exercise outside of their fitness centre, the hotel has various mountain walks.
- You can have a romantic picnic on a specially laid out picnic site, picnic baskets specially prepared while the sun sets into the Atlantic Ocean. (The baskets are purchased from the Cape Town Society for the Blind).