- Another fab recipe recommendation from Rimona Taljaard, founder of The Cooksister Deli Range, available in selected Spars and stores.
What a light and delightful salmon starter to kickstart your lunch garden party.
- 200ml tub crème fraîche
- 3 tsp vodka
- 2 tsp hot horseradish sauce
- 6 slices smoked salmon
- 250g pack small, cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), thinly sliced, then shredded
- salmon caviar (optional)
- few small, torn dill sprigs
- Beat the crème fraîche with the vodka and a little seasoning until it holds its shape, then stir in the horseradish.
- Chill in the fridge.
- Lay the slices of salmon over plates, then top with the beetroot and a spoonful of the crème fraîche.
- Top with the salmon caviar, if using, then scatter with the dill.
- Grind over some black pepper and serve.