After receiving some very cute ‘heart-shaped’ cake tins from my Mother-In-Law, I thought it was only appropriate to put them to good use, especially with my Birthday coming up!!!
- 250g plain flour
- 400g castor sugar
- 65g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 ml oil
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups icing sugar
- 100gms unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100gms softened butter
- 30ml milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and grease 2 x 20cm ring tin with butter or cook spray.
- Sieve the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, bicarb of soda, baking powder and salt thoroughly into a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, oil, water, eggs and vanilla essence to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pans and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely.
- For the icing: Beat the butter in a mixing bowl until light and smooth.
- Add the icing mix to the butter and mix until smooth. Add the milk and mix again until lump free. Allow to cool slightly.
- Smooth the icing over each layer and decorate the top with cake delights!